View, browse and sort Enterprise Connect 2018 conference sessions. You can sort by:
* Which pass type you have (or are considering purchasing)
* Conference Tracks
* Hot Topics that are covered in multiple tracks
* Combinations of the above
Discover how enterprises are using speech-to-text transcription and applying speech analytics and other technologies to the spoken word.
Voice recognition, natural language processing (NLP), and speech-to-text technologies are all improving rapidly, and speech-based assistants such as Apple Siri, Microsoft Cortana, Google Now, and Amazon Alexa are beginning to make the leap from the consumer space to business use case. But are the capabilities that drive these digital assistants truly enterprise-grade, capable of scaling and ready to play a role in streamlining and improving the communications and collaboration experience? And what about speech-to-text? How are enterprises using speech-to-text, and what value are they finding in applying NLP and speech analytics to the spoken word? This session will provide you with a clear understanding of the state of the art for voice-based technologies, and whether they’re poised for adoption in enterprise applications and communications systems.
* Which vendors offer or plan to offer speech-based digital assistants for enterprise use, and what are the practical enterprise uses for this technology?
* How are speech-based technologies being integrated into business applications for internal enterprise use?
* How are contact centers using speech-based technologies? Which speech-based technologies are suitable for customer-facing applications today, and which are not yet enterprise-ready?
* What roles do speech-based technologies play in messaging applications and team collaboration apps?
* What role do advanced technologies such as machine learning, cognitive computing, and artificial intelligence play here?