Avoiding the "Gotchas" in a Cloud Migration
Melissa Swartz (President, Swartz Consulting)
Mehdi Salour (Senior Vice President of Network Operations and DevOps, 8x8)
Skip Chilcott (Global Head of Product Marketing, IR)
Curtis Petersen (SVP of Cloud Operations , RingCentral)
Jamshid Rezaei (CIO, Mitel)
Chad Elford (Global Director Product Management, Business Collaboration - UCaaS Solutions, Tata Communications)
Location: Sun A
Date: Wednesday, March 14
Time: 8:00am - 8:45am
Pass type: Entire Event, Tue-Thu Conference - Get your pass now!
Track: Cloud Communications
Vault Recording: TBD
From number porting to testing, a consultant who has taken many businesses through their move to the cloud will share her tips about the issues most likely to trip you up.
The cloud is here, and despite the impression given by the providers, moving to the cloud is isn't always as straightforward as advertised. Implementation can often be tricky. This session offers tips on how to make your move to the cloud smoothly and avoid the most common pitfalls. You’ll get specific, detailed advice on:
* How to prepare for the move
* Technical considerations
* Testing requirements
* How to move at your own pace
In this session, an experienced telecommunications consultant who has taken many businesses through their move to the cloud will share her lessons learned while ensuring successful implementations. You'll get tips for making the best cloud services selection, and learn how to work with vendors and maintain control throughout the conversion process.
* How do you make sure you don’t unwittingly lose functionality you still need?
* What contract terms and conditions can trip you up?
* What challenges will number porting present, and how do you address these?
* How do you ensure testing is thorough and provides the right data?* What are the hazards of making a flash-cut? Are there any benefits?