Cloud Communications Cost Management
Robert Harris (President, Communications Advantage, Inc.)
Andrew McGlone (Director of Unified Communications, Arkadin Cloud Communications)
Jeffrey Blackey (VP Solution Marketing, UCaaS , PGi)
Michelle Russell (Managing Director, Business Communications, Verizon)
Sanjay Srinivasan (Vice President and Chief Architect, Vonage)
Location: Osceola B
Date: Wednesday, March 20
Time: 3:00pm - 3:45pm
Pass Type: Entire Event, Tue-Thu Conference - Get your pass now!
Track: Cloud Communications
Technical Level: Low
Session Type: Conference
Vault Recording: TBD
Audience Level: Low
As cloud-based communications and applications become more pervasive, new challenges arise in managing the array of services and costs in this new, decentralized IT environment. Services and subscriptions are not always ordered exclusively by the IT department. When IT is involved, one of the drivers towards cloud services is to be “out of the business” of providing that service. This fragmented, hands-off approach to IT can create a perfect storm of underutilized or redundant services and unexpectedly climbing costs. A leading consultant, together with a panel of cloud service providers, will discuss costs, contract terms & SLAs in the new cloud environment. You’ll come away with a better idea of where to look in order to identify the sources of cloud communications spending within your enterprise, and steps you can take to gain better control of this spend.
* How is managing cloud service costs similar to a “phone bill audit”, and how is it not?
* Where are the savings opportunities in reviewing your cloud subscriptions?
* Who is ordering cloud services, and how will it affect your ability to manage costs?
* What are some important items to look for in cloud services contract?
* What are some strategies for enterprise IT to proactively manage cloud services?