- Conference Tracks
- Hot Topics that are covered in multiple tracks
- Technical Level (view definition of each level)
You can plan your time at Enterprise Connect 2019 by building your schedule (starting in late November), and access it during the show via export to your personal calendar or within the official Enterprise Connect Mobile App (available February 2019).
Cloud Contact Center Faceoff
Sheila McGee-Smith (President and Principal Analyst, McGee-Smith Analytics)
Date: Monday, March 18
Time: 2:00pm - 2:45pm
Pass Type: Entire Event - Get your pass now!
Track: Contact Center & Customer Experience
Technical Level: Low
Vault Recording: TBD
Audience Level: Low
Cloud is now the primary R&D focus of contact center solution providers. And yet customers continue to add CPE licenses to existing implementations and replace aging premises systems with updated ones. For the past few years, a handful of cloud-only contact center companies have been the shining stars in the contact center market. But is that about to change as premises and cloud UCaaS + CCaaS players all double down on cloud contact center?
This panel discussion, moderated by industry analyst Sheila McGee-Smith, will feature a lively exchange among executives from cloud-only providers, UCaaS + CCaaS players, as well as the traditional market leaders who are now offering portfolios that include cloud, hybrid and CPE. You’ll hear the pros and cons of each approach, and come away better able to reach your own conclusions about what’s right for your enterprise.
* Should any customer continue to invest in premises solutions? If so, is CPE-only the right answer for enterprises in certain industries or above a specific size?
* What synergies can full-communications-suite companies really bring to customer engagement, in contrast to contact-center-only vendors? Do enterprises value these capabilities?
* Is “hybrid” cloud really a long-term option or merely a stalling tactic?
* Which option offers the most cost-effective feature set: Cloud or CPE? How do you balance investment protection vs. rapid adoption of new functionality?