Steve Leaden (President, Leaden Associates)
Date: Wednesday, August 19
Time: 3:00pm - 4:00pm
Standard Conference Sessions
Vault Recording: TBD
UCaaS had gone mainstream even before the coronavirus pandemic, which in turn is accelerating this momentum, so that most enterprises are now considering UCaaS and CCaaS (contact center as a service) cloud options. One of the most distinct aspects of the cloud is giving the â€śkeys of your kingdomâ€ť or control of your current environment to an outside vendor you have no control over. Redundancy, resiliency, and regular software updates are all controlled by an outside party. So what is your leverage as an enterprise? It is a rock-solid contract that has strong enough â€śteethâ€ť to (a) force any vendor to pay closer attention to you and your enterprise, and (b) provide enough leverage for contract â€śoutsâ€ť in the event the service does not meet the grade. This session will be led by a top consultant who has facilitated cloud contracts for clients from 800 â€“ 5,000+ endpoints.
- Key elements of a contract for a UCaaS or CCaaS service--most important deliverables, terms and conditions to include (or to watch for)
- The elements of a good SLA (service level agreement) for Hosted/Cloud Services, including the potential for 99.999% reliability
- How to protect yourself against vendor lock-in; typical contract lengths
- Vendorâ€™s and enterpriseâ€™s respective responsibilities for delivering on best practices
- Cloud contract lessons learned from the pandemic
Video of this session is available on demand within the Swapcard platform for registered users. Free registration is open through December 2020.