E-911: Proactive Strategies for Success
Irwin Lazar (Vice President and Service Director, Nemertes Research)
Rob Clark (Vice President NEXTGEN Solutions, Atos Public Safety, Atos)
Mark Fletcher (Chief Architect - Worldwide Public Safety Solutions, Avaya)
Thomas Ginter (Sales Engineering, Emergency Services, Bandwidth)
Martha Buyer (Attorney, Telecommunications Law)
Lev Deich (Vice President Enterprise, West)
Location: Osceola A
Date: Wednesday, March 14
Time: 3:00pm - 3:45pm
Pass type: Entire Event, Tue-Thu Conference - Get your pass now!
Track: Unified Communications & Collaboration
Vault Recording: TBD
Learn the ins and out of maintaining accurate 911 information in a multi-vendor, hybrid environment.
Implementing a successful E-911 strategy means sending calls to the right public safety answering point along with providing accurate caller location information. Legislation requiring proactive approaches continues to advance on the federal and state levels. Meanwhile, a changing workforce embracing mobility and teleworking creates challenges in location tracking. In this session, you'll learn how to maintain accurate 911 information in a multi-vendor environment, on premises and in the cloud, while implementing features such as the ability to notify security desks of 911 calls, call recording, and misdial prevention.
• What are the key challenges in developing an E-911 strategy?
• How can you support E-911 requirements in a multi-vendor environment, in the cloud, or in hybrid networks?
• What are successful approaches to supporting mobile and softphone workers, in and outside of the office?
• How is the legal and regulatory landscape changing? What “must” you do versus what “should” you do, and how do you properly determine risk?
• What’s the state of NG-911?