- Conference Tracks
- Hot Topics that are covered in multiple tracks
- Technical Level (view definition of each level)
You can plan your time at Enterprise Connect 2019 by building your schedule (starting in late November), and access it during the show via export to your personal calendar or within the official Enterprise Connect Mobile App (available February 2019).
Embedding Communications in Vertical Applications and Industries
Marty Parker (Principal Consultant, UniComm Consulting)
Date: Wednesday, March 20
Time: 2:00pm - 2:45pm
Pass Type: Entire Event, Tue-Thu Conference - Get your pass now!
Track: Embedded Communications & APIs
Technical Level: Medium
Hot Topics: Digital Transformation
Vault Recording: TBD
Audience Level: Medium
Communications tools are built-into many business applications, and this is a rapidly growing trend. Understanding this wave and being able to seize the opportunities is key to your organization’s communications future. Embedded communications help your organization to speed processes, cut costs, satisfy customers and employees, simplify and economize your communications and network infrastructure.
In addition to the built-in communications functions, there is growing use of Communications Platforms as a Service (CPaaS) that makes it possible for your organization to differentiate your business for customers and employees alike. This is exactly how Uber got started, using CPaaS to move phone calls to the taxi dispatcher over to the user’s own mobile device. This is what digital transformation is all about, and almost every industry is in the middle of this wave.
In this session, a leading consultant will be joined by a panel of “Embedded Communications” vendors; If your organization is talking about digital transformation of your business, or if you are in a competitive industry where your team has to innovate or risk falling behind, this session is a must-attend for you.
* Where should I look to find the embedded communications opportunities?
* What are the trends in my specific industry group? What’s working, and what’s not?
* What application packages have built-in communications tools already?
* How do embedded communications interoperate with my IP-PBX and other infrastructure?
* What can we do with CPaaS? Where should we be doing pilots or proofs of concept?
* What are the vendors claiming they can do for us? How do the vendors differ in their approach?
* How much of all this comes as packaged modules with full vendor support – not custom code?
* When should we be doing this? How fast can we move? How much will it cost? What risks?
* Will we need support from the lines of business? How do we talk to them about this?