Evolving Endpoint Decisions and Strategies: Enterprises Weigh In
Location: Osceola B
Date: Wednesday, March 20
Time: 2:00pm - 2:45pm
Pass Type: Entire Event, Tue-Thu Conference - Get your pass now!
Track: Unified Communications
Technical Level: Low
Hot Topics: Decision Support
Session Type: Conference
Vault Recording: TBD
Audience Level: Low
The modern enterprise must supply communications devices to employees serving in vastly different roles with widely varying demands and preferences. Options for meeting these demands abound, ranging from hard phones to soft phones, mobile UC clients, headsets, docks, and more. But all these options and distinct use cases only make the process of developing enterprise endpoint strategies more complex.
In this session, your enterprise peers will describe their strategies, the factors they weighed, and any speed bumps they encountered throughout the process from planning to deployment. You’ll come away with a clear sense of approaches many enterprises are taking toward endpoint deployments, and what you can apply from their experiences as you tackle this issue in your own enterprise.
* What endpoint options are available to the enterprise today, in terms of both form factor and cost?
* Which endpoints make the most sense for which use cases? How does the cloud factor into endpoint decisions?
* How do you weigh user preferences against enterprise requirements?
* How do you budget for an endpoint deployment? Should budgets vary per user profile?
* What’s been the experience among enterprises that have gotten rid of desk phones entirely? What motivates those who choose to invest in new desk phones?
* What sort of road bumps do enterprises tend to encounter during endpoint deployments -- and how can they best avoid or overcome them?