Eye on Diversity & Inclusion: Developing Talent & Teams
Michelle Burbick (Program Coordinator, Enterprise Connect; Associate Editor, No Jitter, Enterprise Connect / No Jitter)
Date: Wednesday, March 20
Time: 8:00am - 8:45am
Pass Type: Entire Event, Tue-Thu Conference - Get your pass now!
Track: Strategic Leadership
Technical Level: Low
Hot Topics: Organization & Management
Vault Recording: TBD
Audience Level: Low
Virtually all major enterprises have recognized the need for a more diverse workforce, and are striving to create a corporate culture that allows people of all stripes – from gender to race, ethnicity, physical ability, and sexual orientation/gender identity-- to thrive and succeed. But diversity and inclusion can be difficult to achieve, not only at the corporate level but also within your department or even your team. In this panel, get practical advice and lessons learned on how to institutionalize diversity and create an inclusive environment within your organization while simultaneously delivering on your enterprise communications and collaboration mission.
* What is the difference between diversity and inclusion, and how do they relate to each other?
* Why should I strive to create a diverse workforce? What are the benefits, on team, department, and corporate levels?
* How do I get started with a diversity initiative?
* What if I simply can’t find a diverse mix that meets my immediate technology skills requirements? Are there different short- and long-term strategies to consider? / * How do I build cohesion among a diverse team, and create a culture of inclusion?
* How can I be sure everybody has a voice in my organization, no matter their gender, race, ethnicity of physical abilities?