- Conference Tracks
- Hot Topics that are covered in multiple tracks
- Technical Level (view definition of each level)
You can plan your time at Enterprise Connect 2019 by building your schedule (starting in late November), and access it during the show via export to your personal calendar or within the official Enterprise Connect Mobile App (available February 2019).
Harvesting PBX Budgets to Fund the Future: Make the Money Follow Your Priorities
Marty Parker (Principal Consultant, UniComm Consulting)
Date: Monday, March 18
Time: 1:00pm - 1:45pm
Pass Type: Entire Event - Get your pass now!
Track: Strategic Leadership
Technical Level: Medium
Hot Topics: Decision Support
Vault Recording: TBD
Audience Level: Medium
How do you fund the future, when there are so many competing demands on your organization’s budget, capital and talent? Since the PBX is no longer the focal point for communication innovation nor for digital transformation in most organizations, it’s time to shift the money to follow the priorities. This session will highlight a number of ways to reduce the PBX expense rate while also minimizing capital costs for ongoing upgrades or reconfigurations. And as you harvest those current and future PBX expenses, you can fund investments in the future including training for new technologies, career development, and the deployment of new solutions such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), application integrations, and cloud-based communications services.
This session will be delivered by a leading consultant whose clients have saved hundreds of thousands of dollars with these techniques.
* What are the building block elements of current and future PBX spending?
* Which expense and capital elements can be reduced or eliminated?
* Which future capital and expense elements can be avoided or reduced?
* How can you determine which PBX services and support costs must be retained?
* What is the task checklist or project plan to harvest these savings? How do we do this?
* What is the timing for these savings? What do we need to be doing right now to get ready?
* What is the best way to negotiate with your current PBX maintenance vendor?