Managing Team Collaboration in a Multi-App Environment
Zeus Kerravala (Founder and Principal Analyst, ZK Research)
Andrei Soroker (Director of Product Strategy, 8x8)
Dan Stevenson (Principal GPM, Microsoft)
Jamshid Rezaei (CIO, Mitel)
Jonathan Christensen (Chief Product Officer, Symphony)
Joe Berger (Practice Director, Collaboration Practice, World Wide Technology)
Location: Sun A
Date: Wednesday, March 14
Time: 4:00pm - 4:45pm
Pass type: Entire Event, Tue-Thu Conference - Get your pass now!
Track: Team Collaboration
Vault Recording: TBD
With viral adoption of team collaboration becoming commonplace, many enterprise IT organizations face the challenge of supporting and managing multiple tools.
If your organization is like many others, some of your users will have embraced Team Collaboration apps with or without IT's blessing, let alone knowledge. Some teams may be using a standalone tool like Slack or Atlassian's HipChat or a consumer-oriented app like Facebook Messenger, while others will be participating in team chats as part of a broader enterprise platform, like Microsoft enables within Teams in Office 365. As Team Collaboration rises in strategic importance, how much of an issue are these islands, if at all? Is it OK for developers to keep on using Slack while business users rely on Cisco Spark? In this session, a leading industry analyst sorts through the challenges of managing an environment in which multiple Team Collaboration apps coexist.
* What are the advantages and disadvantages of allowing use of multiple Team Collaboration apps within an enterprise?
* How would I go about building a bridge between teams, whether they're using the same tool or different tools? Is either possible?
* What do I need to know about how each Team Collaboration supports integration? Should I be looking for commonalities across tools?
* Do I need to maintain distinct reporting and analytics for each Team Collaboration app, or can I get a unified view?
* If I decide to migrate users to a common solution, what's the best approach to take?