Meeting the E911 Challenge
Irwin Lazar (Vice President and Service Director, Nemertes Research)
Date: Monday, March 18
Time: 1:00pm - 1:45pm
Pass Type: Entire Event - Get your pass now!
Track: Unified Communications
Technical Level: Medium
Hot Topics: Security / Compliance
Vault Recording: TBD
Audience Level: Medium
UC architects must solve the twin challenges of E911: Identifying a caller’s location; and routing that call to the proper public safety answering point (PSAP). How does one meet regulatory requirements to do this in an increasingly mobile environment where phones are no longer devices on desktops but applications running on PCs, laptops, tablets, and mobile devices, used by workers no longer in fixed office locations?
In this session, you'll learn about the legal and regulatory changes driving the need for a proactive 911 strategy, and how to maintain accurate 911 information in a multi-vendor environment, on premises and in the cloud, while implementing features such as the ability to notify security desks of 911 calls, call recording, and misdial prevention
* What are the legal requirements surrounding E911?
* How do you manage E911 location in wireless and softphone-based environments?
* How can emerging technologies improve the ability to track user location?
* What are the enterprise impacts of new emergency location tracking information capabilities provided by Apple and Google?
* How much information do I really need to maintain?
* How do I support other E911 requirements like security desk notification?
* How do I manage E911 location information when moving to the cloud?