Proving the Value of Business-Grade CPaaS
Location: Sun D
Date: Wednesday, March 20
Time: 4:00pm - 4:45pm
Pass Type: Entire Event, Tue-Thu Conference - Get your pass now!
Track: Embedded Communications & APIs
Session Type: Conference
Vault Recording: TBD
Communications APIs are a natural and intuitive way for digital enterprises to create their communications solutions. But large established enterprises often find it hard to understand the value of APIs to solve their communications problems. Additionally, digital enterprises that reach a scale of millions of messages or calls per week often find that API platform limit their volumes and fall short when it comes to support and servicing. This discussion will explore how communications API platforms are stepping up to business-grade capabilities across the following dimensions:
* Platform architecture – modernized agile, microservice-based architecture: How does this make a difference in delivering real time performance MOS and PDD call quality metrics, and SMS message delivery guarantees? What kinds of SLAs and contractual commitments can you expect from CPaaS providers?
* Deep integration with carrier signaling systems: How can this help you gain better visibility into delivery success or failure? What ability do platforms have to scale message delivery to carriers up or down without limits?
* Full access to 911: How important is this for enterprises moving to complete IP environment for employee communications/collaboration? Does an application like Skype for Business on an employee laptop require E911? How do you do it? What are the business liabilitiy issues if office communications lack 911 capability?
* Consultative/Professional services resources: What capabilities do providers offer to enable customizations by the enterprise customer?
* Support and servicing expectations: How fast of a response can you expect to diagnose and troubleshoot quality issues? Can the service fit in with large enterprise processes and definitions of severity issues?