View, browse and sort Enterprise Connect 2018 conference sessions. You can sort by:
* Which pass type you have (or are considering purchasing)
* Conference Tracks
* Hot Topics that are covered in multiple tracks
* Combinations of the above
With the promise of savings as high as 90%, are you ready to make the leap from MPLS? And what’s the best approach—DIY or a managed service?
Software-defined WAN (SD-WAN) technology is starting to roll out in enterprise deployments, and the cost savings can be impressive—if you trust it enough as a replacement for your tried-and-true MPLS. So how can you prepare your organization to take advantage of this new technology while not putting your connectivity (and job) at risk? In this session, a consultant whose firm has handled multiple SD-WAN engagements will help you understand where the technology is at today, and—critically—whether you should contract for a packaged, managed SD-WAN solution from a service provider, or go with a “DIY” solution in which you procure the circuits and deploy the SD-WAN hardware yourself. You’ll learn how SD-WAN saves you money, how to mitigate its risks, and how to evaluate your options as you consider the “make vs. buy” question. You’ll also learn about the new cast of characters you might be dealing with as you procure access circuits and, potentially, CPE for SD-WAN. You’ll come away prepared to chart your own course on your enterprise’s future SD-WAN journey.
* What are the elements of an SD-WAN system for the enterprise, and from whom can you procure these elements?
* What are the cost considerations in SD-WAN deployments, whether a provider’s managed service, or your own DIY effort?
* How much can SD-WAN save over legacy MPLS services, and what are the tradeoffs? How do you make sure you capture the promised savings?
* How are enterprises planning their SD-WAN migrations—are they experimenting with a handful of sites, or moving a substantial number of locations quickly?