Securing Your Team Messaging Data
Irwin Lazar (Vice President and Service Director, Nemertes Research)
Jono Luk (Director, Webex Platform Product Management, Cisco)
Ted Smith (Senior Director, Oracle Communications)
Kevin Isacks (Vice President of SaaS Solutions Engineering, Ribbon Communications)
Geoff Belknap (Chief Security Officer, Slack)
Lawrence Miller (Chief Security Officer, Symphony Communication Services)
Location: Osceola A
Date: Wednesday, March 20
Time: 3:00pm - 3:45pm
Pass Type: Entire Event, Tue-Thu Conference - Get your pass now!
Track: Team Collaboration Tools & Workspaces
Technical Level: Medium
Hot Topics: Security / Compliance
Session Type: Conference
Vault Recording: TBD
Audience Level: Medium
Team/workstream collaboration applications are rapidly entering the workplace, and are creating challenges for those responsible for governance and compliance. IT leaders must develop a proactive strategy for security and governance that meets compliance requirements, and that provides for data loss prevention. In this session we’ll explore the requirements for successfully securing team messaging applications and the various available security models. We’ll provide actionable insight to enable you to implement a successful team messaging security strategy.
* What are the requirements for team collaboration governance, and how do they differ from those for other communications applications?
* What are the risks of maintaining messages in the cloud?
* Is end-to-end encryption required, or is encryption at rest and in-motion sufficient?
* What’s the best approach for key management?
* What options are available for archiving and discovery?
* What’s the best way to manage guest access?
* How should you secure integrations between workstream apps and business platforms?