Skype for Business & Teams: Navigating the Twisty Road Ahead
Kevin Kieller (Partner, enableUC)
Location: Sun A
Date: Tuesday, March 13
Time: 3:00pm - 4:00pm
Pass type: Entire Event, Tue-Thu Conference - Get your pass now!
Track: Unified Communications & Collaboration
Hot Topic: Decision Support
Vault Recording: TBD
What's the best path forward for Skype for Business cloud and premises deployments in Microsoft's Teams-centric future? This session will dissect your options.
Has your Microsoft UC&C roadmap been replaced by a minefield? With Teams designated to replace Skype for Business Online over time and the next version of Skype for Business Server becoming an on-premises/cloud hybrid, questions abound. A misstep may lead to unnecessary expenditures or unmet user expectations, neither of which would be good for your career.
In this session, a leading UC&C consultant will explore details of the latest options in Skype for Business -- on-premises, in the cloud, and hybrid versions -- and Teams, focusing on the pros and cons of each potential solution along with expected timelines. Through real-world examples, you'll learn which of the many architectures best serve small, medium, and large enterprises.
In addition, you'll discover best practices associated with Skype for Business and Teams implementation and operation: communication, change management, training, reporting, integration, and automation. Attending this session will improve the ability for you and your organization to move forward successfully while avoiding potential pitfalls.
* How do you decode Microsoft's roadmap plans around the transition from Skype for Business Online to Teams?
* My organization had committed to Skype for Business Online. Now what? What does Teams provide that Skype for Business Online doesn't? And vice versa?
* When is the next version of Skype for Business Server expected, and what features is it scheduled to include?
* What's the best path forward for organizations that must maintain a premises UC installation but want the benefits of cloud-based team collaboration?
* What best practices should organizations follow to help assure a successful implementation?