Staying Clear of Cloud Migration Land Mines
Melissa Swartz (Founder, Swartz Consulting, LLC)
Date: Monday, March 18
Time: 9:00am - 9:45am
Pass Type: Entire Event - Get your pass now!
Track: Cloud Communications
Technical Level: High
Vault Recording: TBD
Audience Level: High
The cloud is here, and despite what you might hear from providers, transitioning your communications from the premises to the cloud isn't always a straightforward process. Implementation can often be tricky, especially if you don’t know what problems are likely to pop up. In this session, get tips on how to move to the cloud smoothly and avoid the most common land mines. You’ll get specific, detailed advice on:
* Contract terms and conditions
* Planning and preparation
* Technical and testing considerations
* What to expect at transition
Learn from an experienced telecommunications consultant who has taken many businesses through their cloud migrations with success. You'll come away with practical advice for making the best cloud services selection, and learn how to work with vendors and maintain control throughout the conversion process.
* How do you make sure you maintain all the functionality you still need?
* What are common challenges, and how can you avoid them?
* How challenging is number porting, and how do you get ahead of potential problems?
* How do you ensure testing is thorough and provides the right data?
* What are the options for making the transition?