Trends in Session Border Controllers: Virtualization & Security
Gary Audin (President, Delphi, Inc.)
Eric E. Bauer (VP of Marketing and Business Development, AudioCodes)
Miguel Lopes (VP of Product Management, Dialogic)
Brian Gregory (Sr. Director, Product Management, Edgewater Networks)
Walter Kenrich (Director, Solutions Marketing, Ribbon Communications)
Rajat Gopal (Director of Product Strategy, CGBU, Oracle)
Location: Osceola B
Date: Tuesday, March 13
Time: 8:00am - 8:45am
Pass type: Entire Event, Tue-Thu Conference - Get your pass now!
Track: SIP/SIP Trunking
Hot Topic: Security/Compliance
Vault Recording: TBD
The Session Border Controller (SBC), long an important element at the edge of an IP communications deployment, continues to evolve as enterprise network demands and best practices change.
This session will update you on the latest SBC developments, with a particular focus on two areas:
* The move toward cloud-based/virtualized SBCs
* The growing importance of security as a critical capability in SBCs, and the potentially greater role that the SBC can take in providing security for communications deployments.
You’ll come away from this session with the latest information on SBC trends, and a better understanding of whether your current SBC strategy is sufficient for the opportunities and challenges that lay ahead.
* How are SBCs evolving in terms of form factor? Where is SBC software running, besides on dedicated hardware? What is the likely trend, moving forward?
* How are the security capabilities of SBCs expanding? Is an SBC now a “must-have” from a security perspective?
* How are SBCs evolving to deal with the new ways in which enterprises are deploying SIP trunking?
* What’s the future of the SBC in a world where Software-defined WANs (SD-WANs) are growing in popularity? Do you need an SBC or similar functionality at the edge of an SD-WAN?