Understanding AI—Beyond the Hype
Brent Kelly (President & Principal Analyst, KelCor)
Randy Holl (Head of AI, North America, Afiniti)
Chris Connolly (Vice President, Solution Strategy, Genesys)
Andy Payne (Sr. Director - Cisco Cloud Collaboration - Emerging Products, Cisco)
Jon Brunn (Cognitive and AI Lead, IBM Watson Work, IBM)
Senthil Velayutham (Architect - Microsoft Teams, Microsoft)
Bobby Amezaga (Senior Director Product Marketing, Salesforce)
Location: Sun D
Date: Tuesday, March 13
Time: 3:00pm - 4:15pm
Pass type: Entire Event, Tue-Thu Conference - Get your pass now!
Track: APIs & Embedded Communications
Hot Topic: Artificial Intelligence & Analytics
Vault Recording: TBD
This practical overview will help you ask the right questions to your vendors to understand what role AI should play in your communications strategy.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is one of the hottest technology topics in the industry today, yet it is also one of the least understood. Expectations are high for AI, and most vendors claim that, somehow or other, AI and the analytics it enables will play a role in the future of their products going into your work environment. So, how will AI really affect you and your company? In this session, industry consultant Dr. Brent Kelly will discuss the various forms of artificial intelligence, zeroing on today’s most prominent form, called Machine Learning. You’ll come away with an understanding of what a neural network is, how AI classification schemes generate outcomes, what supervised versus unsupervised learning is, and some tips on when AI may or may not be applicable. This session is not a computer science class; rather it offers a practical overview of AI and machine learning so that you can ask the right questions to your vendors and your IT staff about AI to determine what role it should play in your enterprise communications strategy.
* What do the different terms associated with AI mean: Artificial Intelligence; Machine Learning; Neural Networking; Rule-based Programming?
* What’s the difference between supervised and unsupervised learning?
* How can AI systems look at unstructured data and “find useful patterns”. How do you train AI and AI-powered systems and customize them for your particular needs?
* How is AI being used in intelligent assistants and in contact center applications?
* Where does the Artificial Intelligence reside and what do I have to do to integrate an AI solution into my company?
* Which communications/collaboration systems are already leveraging AI today, and where can we expect AI to appear in the next 12 – 24 months?
* Who are the leading providers of AI capabilities in our industry, either as standalone solutions or as enhancements to existing product portfolios?