Video Conferencing in the Cloud: The Real Story
Ira Weinstein (Managing Partner, Recon Research)
Date: Monday, March 18
Time: 2:00pm - 2:45pm
Pass Type: Entire Event - Get your pass now!
Track: Video Collaboration & AV
Technical Level: Medium
Vault Recording: TBD
Audience Level: Medium
Owning and managing your own video conferencing environment is so … old school. Or is it? And the word on the street is that cloud solves everything. But does it? This “tell it like it is” session, led by a leading industry analyst, digs into the pros and cons of cloud-based video conferencing: Not just the sales pitches--the reality of what you gain (and what you might have to give up) if you go take the VC-as-a-Service plunge.
* Will we save money by shifting our video to the cloud?
* How secure are meetings hosted on a shared cloud server? Should I be concerned?
* If something goes wrong, who do my users call? Who does our support team call?
* If we use a cloud video service, do we have to abandon our other systems?
* Is there a hybrid story here? Can we shift to the cloud gradually?
* If cloud video is so great, why are so many large enterprises still using on-premises video?