Video Conferencing in the Cloud: The Real Story
Andrew Davis (Contributing Analyst, Recon Research)
Guillaume Vives (Chief Product Officer, BlueJeans)
Javed Khan (Vice President and General Manager of Cloud Collaboration Technology, Cisco)
Joe Manuele (CEO, Highfive)
Michael Helmbrecht (Chief Operating Officer, Lifesize)
Michel Sagen (Chief Operating Officer, Pexip)
Wayne Driggers (Global Lead Technical Advisor, Zoom Video Communications)
Location: Sun B
Date: Monday, March 18
Time: 1:00pm - 1:45pm
Pass Type: Entire Event - Get your pass now!
Track: Video Collaboration & AV
Technical Level: Medium
Session Type: Conference
Vault Recording: TBD
Audience Level: Medium
Owning and managing your own video conferencing environment is so … old school. Or is it? And the word on the street is that cloud solves everything. But does it? This “tell it like it is” session, led by a leading industry analyst, digs into the pros and cons of cloud-based video conferencing: Not just the sales pitches--the reality of what you gain (and what you might have to give up) if you go take the VC-as-a-Service plunge.
* Will we save money by shifting our video to the cloud?
* How secure are meetings hosted on a shared cloud server? Should I be concerned?
* If something goes wrong, who do my users call? Who does our support team call?
* If we use a cloud video service, do we have to abandon our other systems?
* Is there a hybrid story here? Can we shift to the cloud gradually?
* If cloud video is so great, why are so many large enterprises still using on-premises video?