WebRTC Reality Check: Is This the Year?
Irwin Lazar (Vice President and Service Director, Nemertes Research)
Varun Singh (CEO, callstats.io)
Miguel Lopes (VP of Product Management, Dialogic)
Sacha Gera (SVP Cloud Product & Engineering, kandy.io, Ribbon Communications)
Badri Rajasekar (CTO & SVP of Engineering, TokBox)
Location: Sun B
Date: Monday, March 12
Time: 9:00am - 9:45am
Pass type: Entire Event - Get your pass now!
Track: APIs & Embedded Communications
Vault Recording: TBD
Discover what's what with WebRTC in the enterprise now that all major browsers support the standard.
WebRTC has existed for more than five years, but real-world adoption has been limited due to browser incompatibilities. Is it still -- or have recent developments, especially Apple's decision to add WebRTC support to Safari plus efforts to develop a common open-source video codec, breathed new life into WebRTC for enterprise real-time communications requirements? You'll come away from this session with the real scoop on WebRTC.
• What is the current state of the WebRTC standard?
• Are browser and video codec compatibility issues finally a thing of the past?
• Are organizations building their own WebRTC solutions, or is WebRTC simply something that adds features to software you buy?
• Which vendors are driving WebRTC standard development going forward, and what’s next on the horizon?
• What are best practices for measuring WebRTC performance?