Enterprise Connect 2024 Schedule
Next Generation 911: Are We There Yet?
Irwin Lazar (President & Principal Analyst, Metrigy)
Martha Buyer (Attorney)
Mark Fletcher (VP Public Safety Solutions, 911inform, LLC)
Date: Wednesday, March 27
Time: 2:00 pm - 2:45 pm
Pass Type: 3-Day Conference Pass, 4-Day Conference Pass - Get your pass now!
Session Type: Breakout Session
Track: Security & Compliance
Vault Recording: TBD
The shift to hybrid work, cloud-based communications, and mobile-first devices continues to create challenges for 911 call location and routing management. No matter where employees, contractors, and even on-site customers are located, the statutory requirements to ensure 911 reachability, accurate location management, and notification remain. NG911 offers the opportunity to improve 911 call management but few have implemented it to date. Those responsible for 911 administration often struggle with determining compliance, and with establishing a business case for NG911 investment. During this session industry experts will provide a reality check on NG911 to include what it can do today, and what it will be able to do in the future.
- Understand how to build a 911 strategy that fits with the mobile-first, hybrid work environment
- Discover how to support 911 requirements in a multi vendor environment, in the cloud, and in hybrid environments
- Learn best practices for assessing compliance and risk
- Understand enterprise responsibilities for tracking 911 calls made from within facilities using personal mobile devices
- Identify the current state of NG911 and emerging 911 management technologies